HACKENSACK, N.J. (WABC) — A terrifying scene unfolded Wednesday at a mall in New Jersey, where several women were unresponsive from apparent overdoses.
The incident happened at the Riverside Square Mall in Hackensack.
Hackensack Police responded to an emergency call reporting several people who were unresponsive and showing symptoms of overdose.
READ ALSO | An elderly dog was euthanized hours after escaping from its owner’s yard in Queens
Emergency responders quickly took action and administered Narcan and performed CPR on the victims, all of whom recovered.
According to preliminary information, officials say the five female employees, ages 29 to 41, ingested the dangerous drug fentanyl and became unresponsive.
Four of the five women were taken to the nearest hospital. One victim refused to be transported.
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News
Copyright © 2023 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.