PINE MANOR

A fire at an apartment building in the Pine Manor neighborhood was extinguished Sunday thanks to the combined efforts of South Trail Fire Rescue and the Iona McGregor Fire Department.

According to South Trail County Fire and Rescue, the fire started in a slab but spread due to shoddy and unsafe construction methods.

According to South Trail County Fire and Rescue, the fire started in the stove. CREDIT: South Trail Fire and Rescue District

No one was injured or killed as a result of the fire.

As a result of the fire, the Red Cross is providing assistance to a temporarily displaced family.

Pine estate
After extinguishing the fire, teams are working at the scene. CREDIT: South Trail Fire and Rescue District

Both department crews spent additional time at the scene removing charred portions of the ceiling and insulation. Crews also used as much water as they could to prevent further damage to the structure.

Previous articleMonterey Park mass shooting: 10 dead, 10 injured near Harvey Ave, 122 after Lunar New Year holiday, LAPD says
Next article1 dead, 5 injured in East Flatbush fire; among the injured are firefighters