Blockchain trends imitate several industries because of their security and transparency functions. From protection of medical data through a blockchain to make financial processes safer and more efficient, technology is making significant contributions around the world. Now some common examples of blockchain are smart contracts, decentralized applications, decentralized servers, cryptocurrencies, irreplaceable tokens (NFT), etc. But in this blog, we mainly focus on creating decentralized apps created using blockchain technology for Android. and iOS platforms.
A properly designed blockchain mobile app can provide a decentralized solution that minimizes the number of resellers, promotes transparency and ensures data security, and prevents illegal access. As a result, when developing the architecture of the blockchain mobile application for Android and iOS, this technology can be used instead of the traditional base. In this blog, we will focus on a few steps that may answer the question “how to create a blockchain app?”.
Step 1 – Create an idea
Before you begin developing your application, you should first consider the idea as with any other product. At the same time, you need to make sure that the blockchain is really needed before you implement it. So if you want to do a mobile video game, torrent client, online magazine, aggregator or whatever, you won’t need a blockchain because it doesn’t take precedence over the traditional approach. The following scenarios will benefit from blockchain technology:
- Payment gateway, insurance service, online store, charity: if the mobile app will work with users’ money, smart contracts and blockchain will be able to ensure the honesty and reliability of transactions, as well as reduce transaction fees and the number of intermediaries.
- If you want users to trust you, you must first earn their trust. This is critical if you blockchain application development for Android or iOS, which includes a voting feature, such as for primary elections, leadership elections, or deciding where and how to spend charitable contributions. Without revealing the secret of voting, a blockchain can ensure the transparency and verifiability of such plebiscites, and thus developing a blockchain application may be the best choice.
- If you need to automate business procedures, you have come to the right place. Reasonable contracts, when done correctly can automate more routine paperwork and payment transactions. Smart contracts are already used to automate customs clearance, real estate transactions and tracking the origin of goods, for example. Modern blockchain applications are able to maintain and synchronize with smart contracts for greater efficiency.
- If you require the most reliable method of identification and / or verification. Blockchain has demonstrated its usefulness in areas such as identity identification, real estate registration and copyright.
- If you need a higher level of data security, one of the best existing solutions is to develop blockchain applications. The most basic example is the preservation of the patient’s personal information when talking to a doctor.
Step 2 – Contact a technical partner
Once you have decided whether you want to develop blockchain applications, the next step is to find a developer. You will need a technical partner because, unlike WordPress sites, creating a mobile application on a blockchain using templates will not work. Blockchain requires special knowledge and skills, as well as a general price increase of 15-30%.
Step 3 – Choose a platform
The next step in developing blockchain apps for iOS and Android is choosing which blockchain network you need to build your product on. The solution should be based on the properties you need.
Here are some of the most common options among developers:
- The most popular alternative to developing mobile blockchain applications is Ethereum, which uses the Solidity programming language to allow you to develop a blockchain application and create your own ecosystem. Most projects that rely on decentralization, transparency and security will benefit from this.
- TRON is a free global financial system that allows you to easily and inexpensively exchange tokens or digital content. For example, game elements in online games or movies and TV series Netflix. A unique feature of TRON is that its blockchain allows you to execute such swaps immediately and with very cheap commission, making even a single dollar deal profitable. You can use TRON for your blockchain mobile application development projects.
- IOTA it’s an open source IoT distribution book that uses a directed acyclic graph (DAG) rather than a traditional blockchain. Features include no-commission transactions, the ability to perform an unlimited number of transactions simultaneously and faster confirmation times. This allows for more efficient and secure interoperability between IoT devices.
- For the banking sector, R3 Corda is a good option. Its key feature is that it integrates quickly and easily with older systems.
- EOS it is a platform that focuses on enterprise solutions that leverage the capabilities of smart contracts, decentralized application hosting, and decentralized storage to fully address scaling issues.
Step 4 – Application Framework
The process of developing blockchain apps for Android or developing a blockchain iOS is comparable to the process of building a home. Before you start laying the foundation, you must first create an architectural plan that will show you what type of house you will build and what materials you will use. The framework of your application is the same architectural plan that you will use to create your software product.
Frameworks reflect the basic structure of the program, the appearance, the user route, and the approximate appearance of the application screens, among others. Developers can use this scheme to find out what features they need to add and how much time they will need to do so, which helps them budget for the project. To understand, “how to create an application for a blockchain?” That’s right, here are two important steps you need to understand –
Developing Frameworks usually requires two steps:
- Creating a skeleton with low accuracy. Preliminary schematic illustration to help you quickly understand the basic structure of your application. Most people find that visualizing a project is easier than presenting it in text, tables, and charts.
- A high-precision frame is being built. In this approach, annotated blocks are replaced by images, ready-made articles (texts) and links.
Step 5- Create an interface
Once you’ve created the framework, you can start developing an engaging user experience for your blockchain app. This is a crucial stage because it determines how the user perceives the interface: beautiful colors, easy-to-use icons and smooth transitions between displays.
Or vice versa: it is unclear what and how to do, small icons that can not be clicked, and toxic color.
At this stage, designers must perform the following:
- Define the style. Multiple sets of images (moods) are created to display application screens with different color schemes, font compositions, buttons and illustrations. These images are delivered to the customer and / or focus group, who choose the best and most suitable for the niche.
- Develop a design concept. Its purpose is to show you what the finished application will look like. If the previous stage provided only the general direction, the concept is intended for crossing of this direction, filling the interface (a high-precision skeleton). Typically, they create a complete design with 1-3 application screens, which are then sent for approval. Prototype development look is always a good idea to avoid any possible modifications at later stages of development.
- Create all screens. If the concept is correct, the designers proceed to complete the appearance of the interface, resulting in a complete schematic structure of all interface screens. The screens are then assembled into an interactive prototype that provides the most accurate experience of using the app without encoding it.
- Make an interface animation. Designers determine what icon clicks, screen transitions, video / image openings and so on will look like at this stage. Typically, an animation is created using Adobe Photoshop or another tool, and then videos are created from it. The customer requires the video to understand how the animation will look in the final version, as will the developers who will be guided by these videos when implementing the design and functionality of the application in code.
- Make materials for developers. Once the interface is complete, the designers send the developers sprites, fonts with all the icons, a UI Kit with duplicate interface elements and their states, and all other materials with documentation.
With growing interest in the blockchain over the past year, many businesses have begun to invest in these digital solutions. However, the industry is complex and complex; not everyone is able to develop a well-designed application that will help improve the world with advanced technology. If blockchain seems interesting to you, perhaps investing in a crypto will also prove compelling. If so, go to CEX.IO and buy yourself some cryptocurrency.
In the end, hopefully this guide to building blockchain apps for Android and iOS users was helpful and answered questions like “how to build a blockchain app?”. We created this guide for business and blockchain application development companies who want to develop dApps but don’t know where to start. You can also visit MobileAppDaily to stay up to date the latest trends in the application development industry around the world.
Want to hire a better service provider?
MobileAppDaily will help you explore the best service providers based on your vision, budget, project requirements and industry. Contact and create a list of the most suitable companies for your needs.