MLBA tribute to one of baseball’s most popular movies will take place on Thursday when Chicago Cubs and Cincinnati Reds play in MLB at the Field of Dreams in Dyersville, Iowa.
The Cubs-Reds game between the National League Central division rivals will be televised on FOX (7:15 p.m. ET).
Here’s everything you need to know about Field of Dreams – run line, money line and overall over/under (odds through Bet FOX)
FIELD OF DREAMS GAME, Dyersville, Iowa
Cubs vs. Reds (7:15 p.m. ET, Thursday, FOX)
Run line: Cubs -1 (Cubs prefer to win by more than 1 run, otherwise Reds cover)
Cash line: Cubs -133 favorites to win (bet $10 to win $17.52 total); Red +110 underdogs to win (bet $10 to win $21)
Total over/under: 8.5 runs scored by both teams combined
The expected starting pitchers are veterans Drew Smiley (4-6, 3.97 ERA, 1.29 WHIP) for the Cubs and Nick Ladola (3-3, 4.23, 1.57) for the “Reds” in the left-handed match.
Ladola was featured in a recent FOX Sports article about dirty pitches in majors.
In the first performance of this game, the Chicago White Sox beat the New York Yankees 9-8 on August 12, 2021. The 2020 St. Louis Cardinals vs. White Sox Field of Dreams game has been postponed from for COVID-19.
“Both teams may be out of the playoff race, but expect a close game between these two division rivals, who currently share the same record (44-64 heading into Tuesday’s matchup),” said FOX Senior Manager of Sales Operations Bet Dylan Brosman.
Here are some Field of Dreams betting nuggets courtesy of FOX Sports Research:
– Over Over/Under (O/U) was achieved last season (17 combined runs, O/U was 9.5)
– White Sox win as favorites (-175 odds) over Yankees (+154 odds) 9-8
– Each team finished with four runs in the game, with the Yankees’ Aaron Judge going deep twice
– Entering Monday, the Reds have bowled overs in 53.3% of their games this season, the 10th best percentage in the league.
– Entering Monday, the Cubs have hit overs in 44.9% of their games this season, the fourth-lowest over percentage in MLB.
– Reds and Cubs tied for bottom four in winning percentage as favorites (Cubs 41.9%, 27th in MLB; Reds 41.7%, 28th)
– The Cubs have won four of their first seven games against the Reds this season. O/U’s over has reached five of those seven games.
The Field of Dreams contest opens a three-game series between the teams on Thursday. The final two games will be played on Friday and Saturday at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Download the FOX Super 6 app for your chance to win thousands of dollars on the biggest sporting events every week! Just make your choice and you could win the grand prize. Download and play today!
Get more from Major League Baseball Follow your favorites to stay updated on games, news and more.