NEW YORK (WABC) – The Powerball jackpot grew to $526 million in Wednesday night’s drawing after no one matched all six numbers on Monday.
The monetary value of the main prize is estimated at 284 million dollars.
Here are Monday’s winning numbers: 47, 60, 31, 58, 12 from Powerball 23.
The increase in the total comes after a lucky player in Maine who recently won the $1.35 billion Mega Millions jackpot. It was the second largest jackpot in the history of the game.
Here’s a look at the top 10 US jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 8, 2022 (one ticket, from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three tickets from California, Florida and Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
4. $1.35 billion, Mega Millions, January 13, 2023 (one ticket from Maine)
5. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
6. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
7. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
8. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
9. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
10. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
Powerball drawings are also broadcast here on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at 10:59 p.m
Mega millions drawings air Tuesdays and Fridays at 11 p.m
Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News
Copyright © 2023 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.