St. ALBANS, Queens (WABC) – Two people were shot by NYPD officers in separate incidents in Queens and Brooklyn Saturday night.

The Queens shooting happened just after 6 p.m. Saturday at 205-17 116th Ave. in St. Albans.

Police say the 911 calls came in and the man introduced himself, made numerous threats to elected officials and dignitaries, and said he was going to “blow the head off” the first police officer he saw.

After that, the police came to the caller’s house, and the man left. Officers then called the man by name and the man confirmed it was him. He then reportedly refused to comply with officers’ commands and a verbal altercation ensued. The man then displayed a firearm.

After a verbal argument, gunfire was exchanged and at least six officers fired at the suspect, injuring him, police said. Officers were able to handcuff the man and attempted CPR. He was taken to the hospital, where he later died.

Police identified the suspect as 60-year-old Raoul Hardy.

Kiem Thomas lives around the corner from where the shooting happened.

“It was close to home. Suddenly I heard gunshots. They were really loud, fast, like in a war zone,” he said.

When Thomas heard the volley of gunfire, he looked down the street and saw officers taking a defensive position. He says his family was outside so he dropped them in the house.

The police officers who responded were taken to the hospital and treated for minor injuries.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing.

About an hour and a half later in downtown Brooklyn, police say they saw a gold Nissan driving down Flatbush Avenue and violating traffic laws.

Officers then stopped the car on Flatbush Avenue near Nevins Street. Then the police officers entered the car with several people. After the review, everyone was asked to get out of the vehicle.

Police say the man jumped out of the vehicle and began running down the west side of Flatbush Avenue, brandishing a gun and shooting at officers. The officers then returned fire, wounding the man in the chest.

The suspect was taken to the hospital, where he later died. The officers were treated for minor injuries.

OTHER NEWS | New York public health officials are calling for a return to indoor masks

* More Queens news
* Send us a news tip
* Download the abc7NY app for breaking news alerts
* Follow us on YouTube

Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News

Have a breaking news tip or idea for a story we should cover? Submit it to Eyewitness News using the form below. When you attach a video or photo, terms of use apply.

Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.

Previous articleThe chairman of the Lee County Republican Party is under investigation for beatings
Next articleThis California home has a wine library of 2,000 bottles