The massacre killed 19 children and two Rob primary school teachers, and injured 17 others.
Here is a schedule of events before and during the attack:
Salvador Ramos buys a semi-automatic rifle at a local sporting goods store called Oasis Outback.
Ramos buys 375 rounds for this rifle. It was unclear where he purchased the ammunition.
Ramos buys another semi-automatic rifle, again at Oasis Outback.
May 24: Day of Mass Execution
Sometime Tuesday morning, an Instagram account that law enforcement sources told ABC News believed to be linked to Ramas sent another user to a social media platform a photo of a gun lying on a bed, according to a user who shared direct messages from the alleged suspect . account in ABC News.
11:00 a.m.: Ramos sends a separate message to an unknown recipient stating that he planned to shoot his grandmother.
11:00 – 11:30 am According to Stephen McCrow, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Ramos shoots his grandmother “in the face.” Ramos sends another personal message to an unknown recipient, announcing that he shot his grandmother and heading to school without specifying which school, and stating that he planned to attack her.
- Ramas ’wounded grandmother runs across the road to a neighbor to report Ramas to police.
- Ramos uses Grandma’s car to drive a quarter mile to Rob Elementary School, where he smashes a car and exits with a Daniel Defense AR-15 machine gun and in a backpack.
11:32 p.m. Ramos enters the school through the western entrance, and is approached by one school resource officer, Uwalde ISD. Exchange shooting. Ramos continues to go to school.
- Ramos walks down a short corridor, turns right, then left and enters the classroom. “That’s where the carnage started,” McCrow said. Ramos opens fire on students and teachers. A class is internally connected to another class.
- Several law enforcement agencies – including Uwalde police and Uwalde ISD officers – converge in the classroom, break down the door, fight Ramas and “keep him trapped in this place.”
- A tactical group consisting of U.S. Customs and Border Services officers, a Zavala County MP and two Uwalde police officers is part of the class. Officers shoot and kill Ramas at the scene.
11:43 a.m.: Robb Elementary reports on Facebook that their campus has been closed “due to shootings in the area.”
12:17 p.m.: Uwalde United Independent School District reports on Twitter.
12:30 p.m.: Traffic Scanner Uwalde Fire Service calls for “additional firefighters to respond to Mill Street to create a perimeter to help Uwalde EMS and Uwalde police. Once again, we need to respond to South Grove and Mill Street. ”
13:06: Police say a shooting suspect was killed by officers at the scene after they stormed a classroom.
Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.