Fishermen-fishermen from Jupiter to Jacksonville should feel as if they were being punched. Federal fisheries managers announced Friday afternoon that in 2022 they will receive a two-day amateur fishing season.
From 00:01 am on July 8 to 00:01 on July 10, red perch fishermen in the Atlantic will be able to bring perch homes per person without size restrictions.
Commercial fishermen will have time from July 11 to January 1, 2023 or until a commercial catch is reached.
Big lighthouse ?:Will Atlantic Point Marina be Stewart’s next destination?
There is a fishing season in the Persian Gulf. Here are the details:
- Gov. Ron DeSantis announced on April 21 that Gulf of Mexico fishermen fishing in public waters (within nine miles of shore) will have a 57-day red perch fishing season, “the longest season since the state took on the management of the redhead. before the press release.
- On April 25, NOAA announced that the redfish fishing season in the federal waters of the Gulf of Mexico for vessels with lease permits will last 79 days from June 1 to August 19.
- Fishermen can keep two squirrels a day with a minimum length of 16 inches in the waters of the Persian Gulf.
Atlantic fishermen will have two days to catch this number of perch:
- The total annual catch limit is 42,510 fish
- The recreational annual catch limit is 29,656 fish
- The commercial annual catch limit is 124,815 pounds total weight (12,854 fish)
- The limit for a commercial trip is 75 pounds of weight
For complete information on the rules of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission in state waters, go to myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/snappers. For complete rules in federal waters. go to: fisheries.noaa.gov/species/red-snapper.
Ed Killer is TCPalm outdoors writer. Subscribe to it and other weekly newsletters profile.tcpalm.com/newsletters/manage. Ed’s Facebook friend at Ed Killerfollow him on Twitter @tcpalmekiller or write to him email@example.com.